Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rebel Sound Records WINS Best Record Store 2010! (the good, the bad and the not so good)

Winning the Best Record Store 2010 in the Berkshire Eagle and Berkshires Week reader's poll is pretty awesome actually. To be recognized by people, whom I probably don't know (and certainly didn't campaign to win this) is pretty humbling to be quite honest. While there is no longer a record store in Great Barrington per say (Tune Street is still there) to take this honor, there is a new record store in Adams, FYE and Wood Brothers in Pittsfield, the classical and jazz mecca of the Berkshire Record Outlet down there in Lee somewhere and of course a retailer instrumental in my collecting habits, Toonerville Trolley in Williamstown. For whatever reason, Rebel Sound Records was voted number 1 and I thank you.

How's it bad? Well, I don't have the money to advertise, so please Berkshire Eagle, don't ask because I don't have it.

Speaking of not having it, I don't have the rent either, so I'll have to sweat through that meeting on Monday June 21st, that's going to be awesome, I can't wait!

Completely unrelated, if I were a kid in high school, I'd have to be forced to leave this place and would be here every week to see all these bands! I don't get it.

That's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment