Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rebel Sound Radio **LIVE** Once Again, First Playlist

It's been about 4 years, but Rebel Sound Radio is finally being broadcast live once again  on Pittsfield Massachusetts' WTBR-FM (89.7).  I may or may not play what you request, but you can always try any Tuesday from about 8:00pm through about 11:00pm during the school year (and not during school vacation weeks at 413-448-9607).  I thank the former hosts of the Bad Medicine Show who had the good sense of turning over their time slot to me otherwise there would've been some violent confrontation! 

To make things easier and because I'm somewhat lazy, I have a co-host who will answer the phone, write down songs that are played and even make suggestions on what I could play.  Granted, Jonathan Hanson may request some crappy rock as he seems to carry quite of bit of it with him, but I will berate him on the air and then most likely play it for the sake of comedic effect.

PC users will have no problem streaming using WinAmp, but Mac users need to download a free program called VLC and stream it through that or depending upon which OS you're running, you can run it through iTunes.  I find that VLC is just easier to use, just "open using" and you should be all set.  I am not a tech geek, so please don't scream at me if it doesn't work.

Playlist for Tuesday February 28, 2012 (as written by Jonathan Hanson, co-producer)

AGAINST ME - Because of the Shame
PIXIES - I Bleed (vinyl)
KANSAS - Carry On My Wayward Son (by request)
AGE OF CHANCE - Kiss
BIG D & THE KIDS TABLE - Modern American Gypsy
THE CURE - Why Can't I Be You (vinyl)
THE REPLACEMENTS - Color Me Impressed
BIG STAR - September Girls
A.F.I. - The Leaving Song Pt. II
BLONDIE - Atomic
SCREAMING FEMALES - It All Means Nothing (vinyl)
BOUNCING SOULS - Lean On Sheena
SHAN REN - ???
SHAN REN - ???
DESCENDENTS - Nothing With You (request)
RAMONES - I Wanna Be Sedated (request)
RAMONES - Bonzo Goes to Bitburg (request)
RAMONES - Do You Remember Rock n' Roll Radio? (request)
Banana Splits Theme
BILLY IDOL - Rebel Yell (request)
BILLY IDOL - Super Overdrive
REDD KROSS - Jimmy's Fantasy
FLAMING LIPS - With You
FLAMING LIPS - What's So Funny About Peace Love & Understanding
DANZIG - Mother (vinyl)
FRANK BLACK - Men In Black
THE SPECIALS - Ghost Town (vinyl)
GOES CUBE - Saab Sonnet(?) I can't read his scribble
SHAN REN - ???
GREEN DAY - Going to Pasalaqua
AMELDA MAY - Johnny's Got A Boom Boom
GOO GOO DOLLS - Just the Way You Are
DEAD CATS DEAD RATS - Oh Well
DESERT SESSIONS - Make It Wit Chu
THE KNUX - Run
RISE AGAINST - Anyway You Want It
DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS - Come On Eileen
ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT - Heart of A Rat

I think that's it, he stopped writing these down I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment